We’re looking for a web designer
By: Tom Cullen / April 30, 2014
Fueled by a team of passionate and driven entrepreneurs, LaunchPad Lab is a Chicago-based Development Studio that focuses on growing businesses. We are intentionally small, skilled, and focused on success. We build our own businesses while helping others build theirs. No matter the size of the client, we approach all projects the same: design with reason, find business solutions and impress users with the best experience possible.
We work in a collaborative environment where everyone is expected to be creative and contribute to all facets of building businesses. Each day at LaunchPad Lab is an opportunity to work with a team focused on making a difference. We intentionally choose tough projects that have the potential to change the world. Those projects include helping cancer researchers discover cures faster (Really!) as well as revolutionizing business payments.
The perfect match
You are a designer who focuses on the details and strives to build a more meaningful experience for your users. You thrive on collaboration, understand the process of iteration, and prefer to “own” a project from inception to deployment. You are a designer who has experience designing user interfaces, marketing sites, and performing brand development. Most of all, you want to be part of a fun, challenging, and collaborative environment where egos are left at the door.
What Success looks like:
- The drive to continuously improve
- 2+ years of experience in web and mobile design
- A strong design portfolio that illustrates clean and clear attention to detail – both wireframes and fully-designed user interfaces will be considered
- Ability to think through design problems and arrive at elegant solutions
- Ability to take user research and design interfaces to reflect the data
- Ability to both give and take direction
- The skills to lead a project from sketches and wireframes to detailed mockups
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with frameworks such as Foundation or Bootstrap
- Copywriting experience
- Beer nerdiness
At LaunchPad Lab, we have a fun, but focused culture, deeply rooted in learning. We value shipping products and always striving to be better. If you value these things too, please send us your resume and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you made it this far, you should sign up for our monthly newsletter. Get our latest articles and insights delivered each month.
Ready to Build Something Great?
Partner with us to develop technology to grow your business.